Tungsten Nickel Iron
Tungsten Nickel Iron Alloy is an important tungsten-based heavy alloy. They are alloys composed by adding nickel and iron to tungsten, and alloys in which other metal elements are added on this basis. The ratio of nickel to iron added is generally 7:3 or 1:1.
Features of Tungsten Nickel Iron AlloyTungsten Nickel Iron Alloy is characterized by high sintering density, good strength and plasticity, and magnetism. It also has good plasticity and machinability, good thermal conductivity and electrical conductivity, and has excellent absorption capacity for γ-rays or X-rays.
(1) High density: the general density is 16.5-18.75g/cm3;
(2) High strength: the tensile strength is 700-1000MPa;
(3) Strong ability to absorb rays: 30-40% higher than lead;
(4) Large thermal conductivity: the thermal conductivity of tungsten alloy is 5 times that of steel;
(5) Small coefficient of thermal expansion: only 1/2-1/3 of iron or steel;
(6) Good weldability and workability.
Applications of Tungsten Nickel Iron AlloyTungsten Nickel Iron Alloy is widely used and has become the main tungsten-based heavy alloy with the largest amount. For general applications, such as tungsten alloy balance weight, radiation shielding devices, etc., sintered alloys are directly used; but for applications that require high mechanical properties, Tungsten Nickel Iron Alloy requires deformation processing and heat treatment to achieve strengthening.
(1) Tungsten alloy medical use (medical components): various tungsten alloy radiation shielding components, tungsten alloy grating blades, tungsten alloy protection, tungsten alloy protective tank(used for medical radiation shielding wall), tungsten alloy shielding needle tube(used for medical radioactive liquid shielding), tungsten alloy storage(tanks, boxes and other containers used to store radioactive materials), tungsten alloy collimator(used in medical linear accelerators and tungsten alloy series inspection container systems in nuclear technology applications), co60 other radiation shielding;
(2) Tungsten alloy sport equipment use: benchmarks for tungsten alloy darts, tungsten alloy golf clubs, tungsten alloy fishing sinkers (bullet type, drop type, round tube type, semi-drop type, cylindrical hole type), racing tungsten alloy balance weight;
(3) Tungsten alloy aerospace use: used in the manufacture of gyroscope tungsten alloy rotors, tungsten ballast, guiding devices and damping devices for aviation and spacecraft;
(4) Tungsten alloy mechanical use: Die-casting molds, tool holders, boring bars and automatic watch hammers for machinery manufacturing;
(5) Tungsten alloy military use: armour-piercing bullet cores and tungsten alloy balls for conventional weapons;
(6) Tungsten alloy electronical use: Rivet heads and switch joints for electrical products.
|Property of Tungsten Nickel Iron Alloy|
|W||NiFe||Density (g/cm3)||Tensile Strength (MPa)||Yield Strength Rp0.2(MPa)||Elasticity Modulus (%)||Hardness (HRC)|
|90%||Balance||16.85g/cm3~17.25g/cm3||≥ 758MPa||≥ 517MPa||≥ 5%||32HRC|
|92.50%||Balance||17.15g/cm3~17.85g/cm3||≥ 758MPa||≥ 517MPa||≥ 5%||33HRC|
|95%||Balance||17.75g/cm3~18.35g/cm3||≥ 724MPa||≥ 517MPa||≥ 3%||34HRC|
|97%||Balance||18.25g/cm3~18.85g/cm3||≥ 689MPa||≥ 517MPa||≥ 2%||35HRC|
Package InspectionWe will offer material certificate after finishing production which includes chemical properties, mechanical properties, size and so on. Our products are packed by wooden boxes specialized for exportation. All of our products are separated by wet-proof paper.
If you would like to purchase tungsten nickel copper from China, please don't hesitate to Contact Us.